Update on EINSTEIN by Daisy

August 31, 2004

Einstein and his humans drove all the way to Tokyo for the measurement.
Mom joined them and went to see Ms. Hiruma of DWP who represented Eddie's Wheels in Japan.
She and her assistant were very kind and Einstein was such a good boy.
Ms. Hiruma adjusted the length of the dog cart which Einstein was temporally using, too.
It would take about three weeks for him to get his own cart, and meanwhile he would be using this one.

Einstein was full of beardie spirit and looked very happy.

Mom handed Einstein's dad the money we raised by the beardie goods auction for him.

August 25, 2004
Unsatisfied with the wheel chair on which Einstein couldn't move
even after BOB's dad's efforts to renovate it,
BOB's dad introduced a new wheel chair made by DWP.
(They provides the same products as Eddie's Wheels in US and UK.)
They visited an animal hospital in Osaka which recommended this wheel chair
and to their surprise there sat a wheel chair, I should call "doggie cart",
which had been used by a dog who no longer needed it.
(Don't worry; the old owner has fully recovered and now is walking on his own feet.)
It was a bit small for Einstein, but as soon as they tried it on him Einstein started walking!
Einstein even wanted to go outside for a walk.
Everyone in the waiting room felt that they are witnessing a miracle.
All these coincidences and the fact that Einstein started to walk in no time!
BOB's dad said that he got goose bumps and Einstein's humans cried.
It was obvious that what he needed was this doggie cart!
So they decided to order new one for him.
They are going to come to Tokyo next week for the measurement.
My mom will see them then.

August 21, 2004

Einstein receives acupuncture treatment twice a week and does swimming therapy, too.

August 19, 2004

BOB's dad who is a metal furniture artist put sub-wheels (the black thing)
for Einstein's wheel chair to help him walk.

Einstein and BOB who is now at the Rainbow Bridge looking at each other.
(Taken in November, 2003)

August 13, 2004

Einstein's enjoying coolness of water with sister and mom in the hot afternoon.

August 17, 2004

BDN beardies and humans had fun auctioning beardie goods, which had been donated
by the members, to raise fund for Einstein. They bid on 75 items and made about $2000.
and more...

August 7, 2004

Einstein's standing with a help of a sling hand-made by Pooca's mom.

August 6, 2004

After being in a hospital for three weeks, Einstein finally at home.
His new bed is surrounded by Senbazuru, Darthe's poem, and other messages.

August 3, 2004

Einstein's on his wheel chair, but looks a bit tight and he couldn't move.

July 27, 2004

Einstein's surrounded by special Senbazuru made with 3300 paper cranes and beardies' photos.)

July 21, 2004

Einstein's lying on an air mat and looks more comfortable.

July 19, 2004

Einstein's looking at Darthe's poem on the wall.

July 16, 2004

Einstein got liver infection and the vet put in catheter.

July 15, 2004

Sitting up just for a moment.

July 14, 2004

After the surgery. The vet put him in the corner of the room
and surround him with boxes so that he can't move about.

July 11, 2004

In the evening of July 10 Einstein fell from the 3rd floor window
to the wood deck on the first floor and injured his backbone.
He was alone at home when the thunder struck nearby.
Panicked, he found the only window which he could open
over the desk and jump off from 3rd floor.
His family came home after a couple of hours and found him
immovable on the wood deck.
The vet operated on him on 11th and put in 5 bolts on his backbone.
He had liver infection and other complications,
but thanks to the care by the vet and his family,
and everyone's white light as well as his own power,
he survived and has been slowly recovered.
We beg you to send more white light to him so that he will fully recover.

(Taken on November 25, 2001)